Salsa Verde with tomatillos and Jalapeños
Best way to spice up your #TacoTuesday!
- 1¼ lb tomatillos skins removed, rinsed, and halved
- 1 white onion quartered through root end and outer skin removed
- 2 jalapeños halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons lime juice plus more as needed
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
From your pantry:
- extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- mixing bowl
- Brava metal tray
- blender or food processor
Step 1: Prep vegetables In a medium bowl stir together tomatillos, onion, and jalapeños with 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil and ½ teaspoon salt. Spread vegetables in even layer across in Zones 1, 2 and 3 of Brava metal tray. Step 2: Roast vegetables Slide metal tray into top oven shelf Select “Salsa Verde” on your oven touchscreen and follow instructions. Step 3: Cool and blendWhen your food is done, transfer to same bowl to catch juices and let cool to room temperature. Place the cooled vegetables along with their juices in a blender and add the lime juice, cilantro, and another pinch of salt. Blend on low speed or pulse until the mixture reaches the texture of a salsa. Taste, adding more salt or lime juice as desired. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.