This Brava Mexican Spice Rub will be your new favorite pantry staple! With just four simple spices and less than five minutes of prep, this spice rub adds a punch of flavor to dishes when you’re short on time. Add it to fajitas, tacos, vegetables, or canned tomatoes for a quick enchilada sauce. Chef Annie suggests using one and one half tablespoons of this rub to any of the Brava fajita recipes before cooking. Finish with fresh lime juice and cilantro for a restaurant-worthy dish in minutes.
Brava Mexican Spice Rub
A rub you’ll use on everything from fajitas to vegetables.
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
In small bowl, stir together salt, garlic, chili powder and cumin.
- This recipe yields about ½ cup of seasoning.
- If using in Fajita recipe, use 1 and ½ tablespoons of this spice rub on ingredients before cooking.
- Store in an airtight container in the pantry for up to 1 year.
- Season both sides of protein before cooking.
- We recommend only seasoning the flesh side when cooking bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs, otherwise the seasoning may burn while the skin crisps.
Show off all your latest cooks by posting to Brava Home’s Facebook Community or sharing on Brava Home’s Instagram using the hashtag #BravaLife.
I don’t like Mexican food but I loved this Mexican spice rub! I put this yesterday on steak and everyone loved it.
So happy to hear this! Sounds fabulous. Thank you for sharing!