Looking for a healthy, quick recipe that will hit the spot? Look no further, this Salmon Bowl is packed full of veggies and is the perfect recipe for all meal prep fanatics out there!
The beauty of this bowl is that you can swap around the veggies. Don’t like sweet potatoes? No problem, you can replace them with other light-minded veggies which you can find in this guide.
Plus, as an added bonus the Brava makes restaurant-quality, crispy salmon skin easy for cooks of all levels. If you’re a salmon skin skeptic, this recipe will definitely turn you in a believer! The crispy skin adds a nice texture and saltiness to the dish that we love.
This quick and easy healthy meal is perfect for busy weeknights!
Salmon Bowl with Roasted Mushrooms, Zucchini & Sweet Potatoes
- 5 oz. salmon skin on
- 1 medium zucchini
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 small sweet potato
- ½ lb crimini mushrooms
- 2 cups spinach
- ½ avocado sliced
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon chili flakes
From Your Pantry
- Cooking oil
- Kosher salt
- Your preferred salad dressing
- Brava Metal Tray
- Mixing Bowls
Cook Zucchini and Mushrooms
- Remove ends from zucchini and slice into ½ inch slices, slice mushrooms into ½ inch slices.
- In a medium bowl, toss together zucchini, 1 tablespoon oil and a pinch of salt.
- Evenly spread zucchini in Zone 1 of Brava metal tray.
- In same bowl, toss together mushrooms, 1 tablespoon oil and a pinch of salt.
- Evenly spread mushrooms in Zones 2 and 3 of metal tray.
- Select Combos → “Skirt Steak + Mushrooms” on your Oven touchscreen and follow instructions
- (this recipe will work for zucchini and mushrooms).
- Set aside cooked zucchini and mushrooms and clean metal tray for next step.
Bake Sweet Potato
- Place sweet potato lengthwise in Zone 2 of Brava metal tray.
- Select Ingredients → Vegetables → Sweet Potatoes / Yams → Whole → 1 Potato on your Oven
- touchscreen and follow instructions.
- Spread some butter on Zone 2 of Brava glass tray.
- Pat salmon dry with paper towels.
- Season both sides of the salmon with salt. The fish cooks the same marinated, so feel free to use the avocado oil with adobe seasoning.
- Place salmon, skin side down, on top of butter.
- Select Ingredients → Fish → Salmon, Skin On → 1 Filet on your Oven touchscreen and follow instructions.
- Toss spinach with your favorite salad dressing and place in bottom of bowl.
- Quarter sweet potato. Place zucchini, mushrooms, sweet potato quarters, tomatoes, salmon, and avocado slices on top of spinach.
- Sprinkle chili flakes on avocado slices and Italian seasoning on tomatoes and serve.