Inspired by Tuscany’s famous Porchetta, this all-purpose rub is perfect for pork but also great on chicken and lamb. Featuring the classic combination of fennel, rosemary and black pepper, this rub adds great flavor to pork chops, pork tenderloin and pork loin roasts.
Brava Pork Rub
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons fennel seeds
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary (or 1½ teaspoons dried rosemary)
- 1-2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- Using mortar and pestle or spice grinder, coarsely grind peppercorns and fennel seeds.
- In small bowl, stir together ground peppercorns, fennel seeds, salt, garlic, rosemary and red pepper flakes.
- Season both sides of pork before cooking.
- This recipe makes about ½ cup of rub.
- If using fresh rosemary, store refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
- If using dried rosemary, store at room temperature for up to 12 months.