‘Tis the season for Fall produce – butternut squash, potatoes, carrots, you name it. Vegetables are some of the most popular cooked items in the Brava and we get it, they’re delicious. Plus, Brava cooks vegetables up to two to four times faster than a conventional oven, thanks to our patented Pure Light heating technology. So how does that change your kitchen prep and cooking? Follow these tips to learn how to make Brava vegetables that are caramelized on the outside and tender on the inside every time.
- Read the recipe instructions before cooking. The Brava recipe guides on the touchscreen and Brava app are full of essential details on quantity, how to cut the vegetables, spices and seasonings, accessories to use, and more.
- Season those veggies. Toss vegetables in extra virgin olive oil and a few pinches of kosher salt before cooking. Salt brings out the natural flavors, while oil yields more browning, caramelization, and flavor. If you’re looking for oil with neutral flavor, try avocado oil or vegetable oil. We prefer kosher salt over iodized table salt. Diamond Kosher is our go-to brand, and Morton Kosher Salt is another widely available brand.
- Season vegetables right before cooking. It’s important to season right before you arrange vegetables on the tray and begin cooking, as seasoning too far in advance will draw out the moisture too early, and can lead to soggy vegetables. Seasoning right before ensures that the moisture begins to draw out while the vegetables are already cooking in Brava, which yields a crispier texture and better flavor.
- Fill the zones. Since Brava’s lamps can heat up instantly and cook so quickly, it’s important to completely fill each zone in a single layer. This might feel counterintuitive since we are always told to space veggies out on a sheet tray when cooking in a conventional oven, but with Brava it’s important to fill zones completely to ensure even cooking.
- Use the Personalization Slider and Touch Up feature. Every Brava recipe is programmed with a default “doneness” that’s been tested and perfected by our culinary team. If you prefer your vegetables with less browning, try sliding the personalization slider down by 5%. If you prefer more caramelization, try sliding it up by 5%. After the cook is done, add a Touch Up step to sear or continue cooking as desired.