Nothing beats fresh scones still warm from the Brava with a golden brown crust and tender crumb. This simple and easy recipe removes the butter in order to simplify the dough so you can mix everything by hand without any special equipment. It also allows you to “choose your own adventure,” by using any desired mix-ins such as dried fruits, nuts, or even chocolate chips. Grab a cup of coffee or tea and get ready for a sweet and delicious treat!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup of chopped dried apricots or mix in of choice
- 1¼ cup of heavy cream
- Heavy cream
- Turbinado sugar
- Brava metal tray
- In a medium bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and dried fruit.
- Make a well in the center and add the cream and fold with a spatula until just combined.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and fold and shape, being careful not to overwork the dough.
- Cut the dough in half and form into two circles, about ½-inch to ¾-inch thick.
- Cut each round into eight equal pieces and place on Brava metal tray. Brush tops with heavy cream and sprinkle tops with sugar.
- Preheat to 425 degrees F. Slide tray into bottom oven shelf and bake for 16-18 minutes, until golden brown.