Amanda Haas is back at it again, and this time she’s bringing the heat! Jokes aside, this side Salsa Verde is too hot to handle (in the best way possible). You can add this Salsa Verde recipe to your tacos tonight or scoop some up with your favorite chips!
Salsa Verde with tomatillos and Jalapeños
- 1¼ lb tomatillos skins removed, rinsed, and halved
- 1 white onion quartered through root end and outer skin removed
- 2 jalapeños halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons lime juice plus more as needed
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
From your pantry:
- extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- mixing bowl
- Brava metal tray
- blender or food processor
- Step 1: Prep vegetablesIn a medium bowl stir together tomatillos, onion, and jalapeños with 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil and ½ teaspoon salt. Spread vegetables in even layer across in Zones 1, 2 and 3 of Brava metal tray.Step 2: Roast vegetablesSlide metal tray into top oven shelf Select “Salsa Verde” on your oven touchscreen and follow instructions.Step 3: Cool and blendWhen your food is done, transfer to same bowl to catch juices and let cool to room temperature. Place the cooled vegetables along with their juices in a blender and add the lime juice, cilantro, and another pinch of salt. Blend on low speed or pulse until the mixture reaches the texture of a salsa.Taste, adding more salt or lime juice as desired. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.