We love this Brava Steak Rub recipe for its simplicity. If you can get your hands on whole peppercorns and coarsely grind them for this recipe, we recommend it. They add a crunchy texture and punchy hit. This versatile rub is intended for steak, though it can be used on pork, poultry, and seafood.
Brava Steak Rub
- 2 tablespoons plus ¾ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 and ½ teaspoons granulated onion
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 and ½ teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 and ½ teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper
- In small bowl, combine salt, granulated onion, granulated garlic, and coarsely ground black peppercorns; stir well.
- This recipe will make ~1/3 cup, enough to season 6-10 steaks.
- Season both sides of steak before cooking.