This Brava Taco Seasoning will become a new favorite in your kitchen. It comes together in a pinch and adds major flavor to ground beef, chicken, or vegetables for taco night at home. Chef Annie recommends using four tablespoons of this Brava Taco Seasoning Recipe with about one pound of protein. You’ll notice cornstarch or all-purpose flour are optional here; both are thickening agents and create a saucier consistency if you add water or canned tomatoes to your taco mixture.
Brava Taco Seasoning
This Brava Taco Seasoning will become a new favorite in your kitchen. It comes together in a pinch and adds major flavor to ground beef, chicken, or vegetables for taco night at home.
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- optional: 2 teaspoons cornstarch or all-purpose flour
In small bowl, stir together chili powder, smoked paprika, cumin, kosher salt, garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano, and cornstarch or all-purpose flour if using.
- This recipe yields about ½ cup of seasoning.
- 1/4 cup of this seasoning works well with 1lb of protein, like our Crunchy Ground Beef Taco recipe.
- Store in an airtight container in the pantry for up to 1 year.
- Season both sides of protein before cooking.
- We recommend only seasoning the flesh side when cooking bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs, otherwise the seasoning may burn while the skin crisps.