JD Conley, Brava’s VP of Software Engineering, is our resident BBQ expert. This rub is ideal if you want to make something taste like BBQ, but without all the sugar. JD uses this rub when he adheres to Whole 30® or Paleo diets. This is great for keto diets, too! Make sure to omit the salt if you are brining the protein first.
Unsweetened BBQ Rub
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1/4 cup smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon granulated onion
In medium bowl, stir together salt, smoked paprika, pepper, garlic, and onion.
- This recipe yields about 1 cup.
- Use Brava’s standard recipe programs when selecting the protein you want to cook. We offer dry-rubbed recipe program options for most proteins, but they are more gentle and may not brown properly for this rub. Since this rub doesn’t have sugar our standard recipe programs will yield better browning.
- Store in airtight container in a cool, dark, dry place for up to 1 year.